Thursday, May 26, 2011
Another Groovy Times Project - Gift Bags and Matching Cards
Creative Express Supply List:
Cricut: Expression, Design Studio
Cricut Cartridge: Groovy Times
Cricut Cardstock Packs: Greens and Black, Rainbow, Reds and Pinks
Doodlebug: Tangerine Jewels
Clearsnap Fluid Chalk Queues: Jelly Beans, Big Top
Other: Gift bags in bright colors, white gel pen, black fine-tip marker
1. Create the centers of your gift bags and cards using bright cardstock. Ink the edges of these pieces. draw stitches with a pen or marker along the edge of the inside piece. Layer these pieces together.
2. Each of the Cricut images used in both sets are from the Groovy Times cartridge. Each image contains several different layers. Each layer is a different color of cardstock.
3. Use the Cricut Design Studio or the Gypsy to design your layers. Open a page and arrange your layers so that you may preview how the pieces of your design fit together.
4. When you are ready to cut the pieces just open a new page for each color cardstock. Copy and paste pieces from the original page.
5. After each layer has been cut, ink the edges of each piece and start assembling the design.
6. Once the design has been attached to the cards and bags, add jewels to the center of the flowers and to the car for headlights.
7. Use either a white pen or black marker to draw stitches and highlights on the designs.