Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tips and Tricks (Finding Vintage Images)

For the last year, I've been creating blog entries for Creative Xpress about different tips and tricks that I use.  I thought that I'd start sharing them here too.

I’m often asked where I find all the vintage images that I use on my ATCs and greeting cards. I'm always on the search for new (to me) images and I employ a couple of different methods for finding them.


One of the easiest ways to obtain these images is to do an online search. There are many sites that have images available to download or copy for free. Type the words vintage postcards, vintage images, or vintage photos into your browser search. It is very important to include the word free in the search. Many images are copyrighted and require a fee to use them. Once you have found an image you like and are sure that you won’t be violating any copyrights, either download it or copy and paste it into your picture library.

The other place that I look for images is in antique shops. Many shops have postcards and old photos available for about a dollar. After I have purchased them, I scan them and edit or print them as needed.

1 comment:

  1. Super tip, Jen!
    You do such gorgeous work with the vintage images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate you looking at my work and taking the time and effort to share your thoughts!